Hartford ends skid with 74-68 win over UMBC
BALTIMORE (AP)—Joe Zeglinski scored 18 points to lead Hartford to a 74-68 victory over Maryland-Baltimore County on Thursday night, ending the Hawks’ 11-game losing streak.
Joel Barkers added 16 points as Hartford (3-13, 1-2 America East Conference) won for the first time since defeating Fordham 70-62 on Nov. 21.
The Hawks took a 69-65 lead on Milton Burton’s jumper with 1:56 remaining and extended it to 71-65 on Zeglinski’s two free throws one minute later.
Burton hit one free throw and Charles White added two in the final 28 seconds to send UMBC (1-15, 0-3) to its sixth consecutive loss.
Morgan Sabia hit four 3-pointers to finish with 15 points and Burton added 13 points for the Hawks, who were 18-for-21 from the free throw line (85.7 percent).
Adrian Satchell scored 16, Chris De La Rosa had 12 and Shawn Grant and Matt Spadafora added 10 points each for UMBC.
- Hartford ends skid with 74-68 win over UMBC
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat