SE Louisiana defeats Northwestern State 70-64
NATCHITOCHES, La. (AP)—Damon Forest scored 18 points, 15 of them in the first half, to lead Southeastern Louisiana to a 70-64 victory over Northwestern State on Wednesday night.
Patrick Sullivan, who was limited to 16 minutes after getting into foul trouble, scored eight straight points that helped the Lions (10-5, 2-0 Southland Conference) pull away from a 52-49 lead.
Robert Tibbs and Rodney Jones each scored all 10 of their points in the second half for Southeastern Louisiana.
Mike McConathy hit one of two free throws for the Demons (5-10, 0-2) to close the gap to 65-61 with 55 seconds remaining before Jones answered with a free throw and Forest scored on a fast-break layup to put the Lions ahead 68-61.
Devon Baker scored 17 points and William Mosley had a career-high 21 rebounds for Northwestern State.
- SE Louisiana defeats Northwestern State 70-64
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat
- Sources: Michigan State freshman Miles Bridges plans to return to school
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Allonzo Trier's return makes Arizona a leading candidate for preseason No. 1
- Roy Williams fires back at Maryland president, calling him a 'double idiot'