TCU holds off Wyoming, 62-59
FORT WORTH, Texas (AP)—Edvinas Ruzgas scored 22 points Tuesday night to lead TCU to a 62-59 victory over Wyoming.
Ronnie Moss scored 14 for the Horned Frogs (9-8, 2-1 Mountain West). Zvonko Buljan had 12 rebounds and Kevin Butler scored 10 points.
Ruzgas’ layup with 4:40 remaining put TCU ahead for good at 54-52. The Horned Frogs saw a four-point lead drop to 60-59 when Afam Muojeke converted a three-point play with 35 seconds to play. But Butler made a pair of free throws with 30 seconds to go, and Wyoming missed three chances to score before time ran out.
Muojeke led Wyoming (8-9, 1-2) with 24 points. Adam Waddell had 15 points and eight rebounds for the Cowboys, who committed 14 turnovers leading to 20 TCU points.
TCU led by as many as 14 points in the first half but was ahead by just 36-30 at halftime.
- TCU holds off Wyoming, 62-59
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- With Bennie Boatwright back, USC has all the ingredients for a special season
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU