Lipscomb defeats Belmont 64-53
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP)—Josh Slater scored 16 points to lead Lipscomb to a 64-53 victory over Belmont on Monday night.
Slater also grabbed 14 rebounds for the Bisons (8-7, 5-1 Atlantic Sun Conference), who have won four games in a row, all of them at home. Adnan Hodzic added 15 points for Lipscomb, while Brian Wright chipped in with 10.
A free throw from Hodzic capped an 8-0 run that gave Lipscomb a 47-31 lead with 9:25 remaining in the game. The Bisons would go on to lead by as many as 19 points, 64-45, on two free throws by Slater with 2:18 left.
Scott Saunders scored nine points to lead the Bruins (9-7, 4-2).
Both teams shot poorly from the field, with Lipscomb shooting 36.7 percent (22-for-60) and Belmont shooting 35 percent (21-for-60). The Bisons led 25-19 at the half.
- Lipscomb defeats Belmont 64-53
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat