Cal State Northridge tops Seattle 98-90
NORTHRIDGE, Calif. (AP)—Vinnie McGhee scored 22 points and Lenny Daniel had 11 points and 12 rebounds as Cal State Northridge defeated Seattle 98-90 Monday night.
Kenny Daniels had 19 points for the Matadors (5-10) and Rashaun McLemore had a career-high 14 points.
Seattle’s Charles Garcia scored 34 points and had 14 rebounds to lead all players. Aaron Broussard scored 18 points and Chris Gweth 13 for the Redhawks (7-11).
Northridge led 71-55 with 7:25 remaining, but Seattle closed to within 77-71 less than three minutes later. Much of the rest of the game was at the free-throw line where the Matadors were able to hold the lead.
The game featured 61 fouls and 83 free-throw attempts. The Matadors were 34-for-49 from the line while Seattle was 23-for-34.
- Cal State Northridge tops Seattle 98-90
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent