Templeton lifts Drake over Southern Illinois 70-65
CARBONDALE, Ill. (AP)—Ryan Wedel hit a go-ahead 3-pointer with 35 seconds left and Adam Templeton had a double-double as Drake defeated Southern Illinois 70-65 on Saturday night.
Templeton had 22 points and 13 rebounds for the Bulldogs (6-11, 1-4 Missouri Valley), who ended a six-game losing streak. Wedel scored 14 points, and Josh Young contributed 11.
Kevin Dillard scored 19 points and Carlton Fay and Tony Freeman had 13 apiece for the Salukis (9-5, 2-3), who lost their third in a row.
The game was tied 27-27 at halftime, and Templeton forged the ninth tie of the night when he converted a three-point play to make it 62-62 with 1:34 left.
Dillard put the Salukis ahead with a 3-pointer, but Seth VanDeest cut it to 65-63 on a free throw with 59 seconds left, setting the stage for Wedel’s big shot.
- Templeton lifts Drake over Southern Illinois 70-65
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat