New Mexico State edges past Boise State 88-85
BOISE, Idaho (AP)—Jonathan Gibson scored 26 points to lead New Mexico State to an 88-85 victory over Boise State on Saturday.
Gibson connected on four 3-point baskets, including one from the left baseline with one minute remaining, to put New Mexico State (9-7, 2-1 Western Athletic Conference) ahead to stay. The victory was the Aggies’ sixth in seven games.
Boise State (9-7, 0-3) had a chance to force overtime but missed three 3-point shots in the final 17 seconds. Anthony Thomas’ last-second attempt with two New Mexico State defenders draped on him didn’t draw rim.
Jahmar Young added 19 points for New Mexico State, which made 13 3-point baskets and shot 55.2 percent overall.
Robert Arnold scored 26 points to lead Boise State. The Broncos scored 11 consecutive points to take an 85-81 edge with 1:53 to play and kept the lead until Gibson’s decisive 3.
- New Mexico State edges past Boise State 88-85
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent