Cal State-Fullerton tops Long Beach State 85-75
FULLERTON, Calif. (AP)—Gerard Anderson scored 22 points and Jacques Streeter added 20 to lead Cal State-Fullerton past Long Beach State 85-75.
Jer’Vaughn Johnson added 13 points and Bryce Webster 12 for the Titans (6-7, 1-1 Big West). Johnson also had a game-high nine rebounds.
Greg Plater came off the bench to lead Long Beach State (6-9, 0-2) with 18 points. Larry Anderson and Casper Ware had 15 points each, and Eugene Phelps came off the bench to add 10 for the 49ers.
Cal State-Fullerton dominated the boards with a 41-29 rebounding advantage. After shooting 50 percent in the first half to build a 37-31 halftime lead, the Titans fell to 40-percent shooting in the second half.
Long Beach State shot 46.6 percent overall but struggled from the free-throw line, making just 14 of 21 (66.7 percent).
- Cal State-Fullerton tops Long Beach State 85-75
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat