Louisiana Tech beats Texas-Pan American 81-60
RUSTON, La. (AP)—Kyle Gibson and Magnum Rolle scored 16 points apiece, leading Louisiana Tech to an 81-60 win over Texas-Pan American on Tuesday night.
DeAndre Brown added 14 points for the Bulldogs (11-2), whose 11 non-conference wins is their best mark in a season since producing 12 victories in 1989. The Bulldogs have won nine of their last 10.
It was Louisiana Tech’s second win against the Broncs this season, as the Bulldogs won their season-opener 80-62 at Texas-Pan American on Nov. 14.
The Bulldogs led by just five points at halftime, but went on a 24-10 run midway through the second half to seal the win. David Jackson scored six of his eight points during the run, hitting a pair of 3s in just over a minute.
Ben Smith and Luis Valera scored 12 points apiece to lead the Broncs (1-12), who have lost seven in a row.
- Louisiana Tech beats Texas-Pan American 81-60
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat