Cooper, Ohio University beat Illinois State 75-57
ATHENS, Ohio (AP)—D.J. Cooper scored 18 points, including eight during a late first-half stretch, as Ohio University defeated Illinois State 75-57 on Wednesday night.
The Bobcats (6-3) led 18-17 with 5:04 left in the first half after a layup and free throw by Dinma Odiakosa, who paced the Redbirds (7-2) with 13 points and 11 rebounds.
After a jumper by Reggie Keely put Ohio ahead 20-17 with 4:38 remaining, Cooper added a layup 29 seconds later to make it 22-17. Cooper’s 3-pointer made it 25-19 with 3:37 left and he closed the half with another 3-pointer for a 28-23 lead 25 seconds before intermission.
The Bobcats began the second half with a 22-7 run to lead 50-30 with 10:13 remaining and led by at least 13 the rest of the way.
Armon Bassett added 14 points and Steven Coleman and Jay Kinney 10 apiece for the Bobcats, who won for the 30th time in their last 31 nonconference home games.
- Cooper, Ohio University beat Illinois State 75-57
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat