Louisiana-Monroe 62, North Texas 79
DENTON, Texas (AP)—Tristan Thompson scored 20 points Sunday to lead North Texas past Louisiana-Monroe, 79-62, in the Sun Belt Conference opener for both teams.
Eric Tramiel scored 16 points, Josh White 15, and George Odufuwa contributed 13 points and nine rebounds for the Mean Green (6-3).
North Texas only led 35-33 at halftime, but opened up a 21-point lead with seven minutes to play. The Mean Green shot 57 percent from the field for the game, and a blistering 70 percent in the second half. White and Thompson each had four 3-pointers.
Tommie Sykes had 13 points and nine rebounds to lead Louisiana-Monroe (3-6), which shot 36 percent from the field. Lawrence Gilbert and Tony Hooper scored 10 points apiece.
- Louisiana-Monroe 62, North Texas 79
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat