Lipscomb rolls past SIU-Edwardsville 94-74
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP)—Adnan Hodzic scored 20 points to lead five players in double figures as Lipscomb defeated SIU-Edwardsville 94-74 on Thursday night.
The Bisons (3-6), who have won three of their past four games, shot 63.6 from the field (21-for-33) in the second half to defeat SIU-Edwardsville for the second time this season. Lipscomb beat the Cougars 67-64 on Nov. 28.
SIU-Edwardsville (2-7), a Division II program, led 42-34 at halftime, but the Bisons took the lead at 54-52 on Josh Slater’s three-point play with 12:06 left. That was part of an 18-0 run that gave Lipscomb a 67-52 advantage with 8:54 left.
Lipscomb was 11-for-19 from the 3-point line (57.9 percent).
Brian Wright was 7-for-7 from the field and finished with 19 points. Brandon Brown had 17 points, Jordan Burgason added 12 and Slater scored 11.
Mark Yelovich led the Cougars with 17 points and LeShaun Murphy added 11.
- Lipscomb rolls past SIU-Edwardsville 94-74
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent