Lewis, USC turn back Sacramento State 51-36
LOS ANGELES (AP)—Dwight Lewis scored 16 points and Southern California raced to commanding leads in both halves of a 51-36 victory over Sacramento State on Tuesday night to snap a three-game losing skid.
Nikola Vucevic added 14 points and a career-high 15 rebounds, and Alex Stepheson had 10 points and 10 rebounds for the Trojans (3-4), who were coming off consecutive blowout losses at No. 2 Texas and Georgia Tech.
Sultan Toles-Bey scored eight points for the Hornets (4-6), who shot a season-worst 23 percent in losing their second straight and fourth in last five.
The Hornets shot 6 of 32 in the first half as USC raced to an 18-6 lead but outscored the Trojans 10-2 to get within four before USC made the final two baskets to lead 24-16 at the break.
USC committed a season-worst 25 turnovers but controlled the boards 49-29 for the fifth consecutive game and had 12 blocked shots.
- Lewis, USC turn back Sacramento State 51-36
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent