Texas State beats Texas-Pan American 80-70
SAN MARCOS, Texas (AP)—Cameron Johnson had 24 points and 10 rebounds for a double-double as Texas State beat Texas Pan-American 80-70 Saturday.
Johnson hit 11 of 14 from the field. J.B. Conley came off the bench to add 11 points for Texas State (3-5). John Bowman and Uriel Segura added 10 points each, and Bowman hit 2 of 3 from 3-point range.
Jared Maree had 20 points to lead Texas-Pan American (1-8). ChaRunn Jones and Ben Smith came off the bench to contribute 12 points each, including 4 of 6 3-pointers by Jones.
The Bobcats committed 30 turnovers while forcing 17, and UTPA converted the Texas State miscues for 29 points.
Texas State scored 13 points off of turnovers but outrebounded the Broncs 40-25.
The Bobcats shot 57 percent while holding UTPA to 39 percent.
- Texas State beats Texas-Pan American 80-70
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent