Western Carolina beats Wofford 72-67
CULLOWHEE, N.C. (AP)—Brandon Giles scored 22 points and Jake Robinson hit three free throws in the final 23 seconds, lifting Western Carolina to a 72-67 win over Wofford on Wednesday night.
Up by two points with 35 seconds left, Giles hit a pair of free throws to push Western Carolina’s lead to 67-63. Robinson then sank another couple of foul shots 12 seconds later, extending the advantage to six points.
A Jamar Diggs layup pulled Wofford within 70-67 with 11 seconds left, but the Catamounts got one free throw apiece from Robinson and Brigham Waginger for the final margin.
Mike Williams scored 13 points for the Catamounts (6-1, 1-0 Southern Conference).
Noah Dahlman and Cameron Rundles scored 18 points apiece to lead the Terriers (4-4, 0-1).
The Catamounts have won five straight since losing 73-41 at No. 2 Texas on Nov. 18.
- Western Carolina beats Wofford 72-67
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent