Texas State tops Texas A&M-International, 71-60
SAN MARCOS, Texas (AP)—Cameron Johnson scored 16 points and grabbed nine rebounds to lead Texas State past Texas A&M-International 71-60 Tuesday night.
John Bowman scored 13 for the Bobcats (2-3) and Uriel Segura had 11. Segura made three of his four attempts from 3-point range, and Texas State was 11-for-24 from behind the arc.
Texas State led 29-27 at halftime.
St. Paul Latham led Texas A&M-International with 13 points and Luis Gomez scored 10. The Dustdevils (2-5) are members of Division II.
Texas A&M-International only took 40 shots from the field, 16 fewer than Texas State, but the Dustdevils were 23-for-33 from the free-throw line. The Bobcats were 14-for-27 on foul shots.
- Texas State tops Texas A&M-International, 71-60
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- With Bennie Boatwright back, USC has all the ingredients for a special season
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU