Gonzaga comes from behind to beat Colorado 76-72
LAHAINA, Hawaii (AP)—Steven Gray scored 27 points and Matt Bouldin added 21 in helping Gonzaga overcome a sluggish first half on its way to a 76-72 win over Colorado in the opening round of the Maui Invitational on Monday at the Lahaina Civic Center.
Robert Sacre netted 10 points for the Bulldogs, who found themselves trailing by 11 at halftime before using a 22-9 run to take their first lead of the second half with 4:35 to play.
Colorado (3-1) crept within one with a minute to go, but couldn’t tie it as Gonzaga (3-1) advanced into Tuesday’s semifinal.
Cory Higgins scored 19 points and Alec Burks had 11 for the Buffaloes, who hit 7 of 11 3-pointers in the first half before going 0-for-4 in the second half.
- Gonzaga comes from behind to beat Colorado 76-72
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- With Bennie Boatwright back, USC has all the ingredients for a special season
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU