North Carolina A&T beats Davis & Elkins 67-53
GREENSBORO, N.C. (AP)—Thomas Coleman scored 12 points and grabbed 12 rebounds to lead North Carolina A&T to a 67-53 win over Davis & Elkins on Friday night.
Robert Johnson added 11 points and eight rebounds for the Aggies (2-2), while Nic Simpson chipped in with 10 points and six rebounds.
The Senators (1-1) were paced by Tim Turner, who finished with 22 points on 8 of 22 shooting. P.J. Turner contributed with eight points, 12 assists and nine rebounds.
N.C. A&T shot 34.8 percent from the field (23-for-66). The Senators shot 30.9 percent (17-for-55).
The Aggies shot only 18.8 percent from 3-point range (3-for-16), but outrebounded the Senators 59-33.
N.C. A&T outscored Davis & Elkins 36-27 in the second half.
- North Carolina A&T beats Davis & Elkins 67-53
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent