Wyoming upsets New Mexico in MWC tourney, 75-67
LAS VEGAS (AP)—Brian Ewing made four 3-pointers while scoring 20 points, and Wyoming upset third-seeded New Mexico 75-67 Thursday night in the Mountain West Conference tournament quarterfinals.
Sean Ogirri added 17 points with five more baskets from behind the 3-point line, where the sixth-seeded Cowboys made half of their field goals. Wyoming (19-12) moves on to face Utah, which beat TCU 61-58 earlier Thursday.
Dairese Gary scored 20 points for New Mexico (21-11), which shared the regular season conference title with BYU and Utah. The Lobos were just 3-of-23 on 3-pointers in a loss that endangers their chances of making the NCAA tournament.
- Wyoming upsets New Mexico in MWC tourney, 75-67
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat