Jerrells, Rogers lift Baylor past Nebraska 65-49
OKLAHOMA CITY (AP)—Curtis Jerrells scored 19 points and Kevin Rogers had 10 points and a career-high 20 rebounds as Baylor dominated on the boards and beat Nebraska 65-49 Wednesday in the opening game of the Big 12 tournament.
LaceDarius Dunn added 18 points on 4-for-9 3-point shooting and eight rebounds for Baylor (18-13), which won a first-round Big 12 tournament game for only the fifth time ever, but for the second time in the last three seasons.
The ninth-seeded Bears, who had entered the tournament having lost 10 of their last 12 games, advanced to play top-seeded Kansas on Thursday.
Ade Dagunduro scored 21 points for Nebraska (18-12), which now must hope for a berth in the National Invitation Tournament.
- Jerrells, Rogers lift Baylor past Nebraska 65-49
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- With Bennie Boatwright back, USC has all the ingredients for a special season
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU