Iowa 75, Penn St 67
IOWA CITY, Iowa (AP)—Jake Kelly scored 22 points, including a 3-pointer with 55 seconds left in double overtime as Iowa beat Penn State 75-67 Saturday.
Cyrus Tate added 15 points and 10 rebounds for the Hawkeyes (15-16, 5-13 Big Ten), who avenged an earlier loss and spoiled the Nittany Lions’ chances at a No. 2 seed in the Big Ten Tournament.
Jarryd Cole contributed 14 points and a career-high 11 boards off the bench, and freshman Matt Gatens scored 12 for Iowa.
Talor Battle led Penn State (21-10, 10-8) with 26 points and 10 rebounds. He scored 11 in the final 2 minutes of regulation as the Nittany Lions rallied from nine down to force overtime.
Stanley Pringle added 15 for Penn State, which needed the win if it hoped to secure the two seed in next weekend’s conference tournament.
- Iowa 75, Penn St 67
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent