Coleman scores 22 as Houston beats SMU, 89-77
HOUSTON (AP)—Aubrey Coleman had 22 points and 11 rebounds and Zamal Nixon scored 21 to lead Houston past SMU 89-77 on Saturday night.
Coleman was 6-of-12 from the field and 10-for-12 on free throws for the Cougars, who will meet the Mustangs again Wednesday in the first round of the Conference USA tournament.
Nixon made seven 3-pointers to help the Houston bench outscore the Mustangs 25-14. Nixon also had seven assists.
Houston (19-10, 10-6 Conference USA) also got double-digit scoring from Kelvin Lewis (19 points) and Qa’rraan Calhoun (17).
Derek Williams scored a career-high 32 points for SMU (9-20, 3-13). He was 11-of-17 from the field.
- Coleman scores 22 as Houston beats SMU, 89-77
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat