Sacred Heart defeats Bryant 90-60
FAIRFIELD, Conn. (AP)—Corey Hassan and Ryon Howard scored 18 points each to lead Sacred Heart over Bryant 90-60 on Saturday in a non-league contest.
The Pioneers (16-13) won their fifth straight game behind an offense that shot 60 percent (33-for-55) from the field overall. Joey Henley added 13 points and Jerrell Thompson added 11, which all came in the first half as Sacred Heart built a 43-31 lead.
Hassan added seven rebounds and six assists.
Down 15-14 with 13:30 left in the first half, the Pioneers went on a 15-3 run over the next five minutes to take a 29-18 advantage and never trailed again.
Jerrann Wright led Bryant (8-21) with 15 points and Cecil Gresham added 10.
- Sacred Heart defeats Bryant 90-60
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- With Bennie Boatwright back, USC has all the ingredients for a special season
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU