CS Northridge tops Long Beach State
LOS ANGELES (AP)—Tremaine Townsend scored 17 points to lead six players in double figures as Cal State Northridge retook first place with 95-74 victory Saturday over Long Beach State with two games to play.
Kenny Daniels scored 12 points as the Matadors closed the first half with a 29-18 run to take a 49-36 halftime lead. Townsend and Vincent Cordell combined for 15 points as they opened the second half with a 21-11 run to take a 70-47 lead with 13:34 to play. Long Beach never got closer than 18 after that and trailed by as many as 28.
Mark Hill scored a career-high 15 points for Northridge (14-12, 10-4), which shot 62 percent from the field (36 of 58).
The 49ers (14-13, 9-5) got 19 points from T.J. Robinson and 16 from Larry Anderson.
- CS Northridge tops Long Beach State
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- With Bennie Boatwright back, USC has all the ingredients for a special season
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU