UNC-Greensboro beats Elon 74-66
GREENSBORO, N.C. (AP)—Ben Stywall scored 23 points, Kendall Toney added 15 and North Carolina-Greensboro closed its regular season by beating Elon 74-66 on Saturday.
Pete Brown added 10 points for the Spartans (5-24, 4-16 Southern Conference).
Devan Carter scored 16 points for Elon (10-18, 7-12). Chris Long had 14 points, shooting 4-for-5 from beyond the 3-point line for the Phoenix. Josh Bonney also chipped in with 11 points and Ola Atoyebi had 10.
The win snapped a six-game losing streak for the Spartans, who swept the season series against Elon.
Elon led by one point at halftime, but the Spartans outscored the Phoenix 49-40 in the second half en route to victory.
The Spartans shot 55.3 percent (26 of 47) from the field in the win compared to a 48.1 percent mark (25 of 52) for the Phoenix.
- UNC-Greensboro beats Elon 74-66
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- With Bennie Boatwright back, USC has all the ingredients for a special season
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU