Murray State tops Eastern Kentucky 70-65 in OT
MURRAY, Ky. (AP)—Isacc Miles scored 18 points and Ivan Aska added 16 to lead Murray State to a 70-65 overtime victory over Eastern Kentucky on Saturday night in the regular-season finale for both teams.
The Racers (18-11, 13-5 Ohio Valley Conference) have won three in a row and seven straight league games.
Miles and Aska combined for seven of the Racers’ nine points in overtime. Miles went 4-for-4 from the free-throw line and Aska had a layup and a free throw.
Kevin Thomas, who added 13 points for Murray State, hit two free throws in overtime after tying the score at 61-61 in regulation. His 3-pointer with 26.7 seconds left beat the shot clock buzzer, then Eastern Kentucky’s Mike Rose missed a contested 3-pointer at the horn to push the game into overtime.
The Colonels (18-12, 10-8) were led by Justin Stommes with 18 points, Rose with 13 and Josh Taylor 10.
- Murray State tops Eastern Kentucky 70-65 in OT
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat