Harvard squeaks past Cornell 71-70
BOSTON (AP)—Jeremy Lin and Drew Housman scored 20 points each to help Harvard secure a 71-70 win over Cornell on Saturday night.
Ryan Wittman led Cornell (19-9, 9-3 Ivy League) with 24 points and Jeff Foote scored 12. Louis Dale added eight points, eight rebounds and five assists.
On the game’s final possession, Dale dribbled to the right side of basket and rose up for the potential game-winning jumper. Keith Wright of Harvard (13-13, 5-7) contested the shot and came down with the rebound as time expired. Wright finished with 11 points and eight rebounds.
The second half was a showcase of two of the Ivy League’s top three scorers in Lin and Wittman. Lin scored 14 of his points and Wittman had 16, including 13 during a four-minute stretch.
In its home finale, Harvard kept Cornell from securing at least a share of its second-consecutive Ivy League title.
- Harvard squeaks past Cornell 71-70
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat