Austin Peay beats SE Missouri 88-78
CLARKSVILLE, Tenn. (AP)—Drake Reed scored 33 points and grabbed 12 rebounds to lead Austin Peay to an 88-78 win over Southeast Missouri State on Saturday night in the season finale for both teams.
Wes Channels added 26 points and six assists for the Governors (17-12, 13-5 Ohio Valley Conference), who clinched a tie for second place in the OVC. The Governors have locked up a spot in the OVC tournament, which starts on Friday in Nashville, Tenn.
Jaycen Herring led the Redhawks (3-27, 0-18) with 31 points and Kenard Moore added 27. The Redhawks, who have lost 19 straight games, are just the seventh team in the 61-year history of the OVC to go winless in the regular season.
The Governors hit 15 free throws compared to six by the Redhawks, and led 51-35 at halftime.
- Austin Peay beats SE Missouri 88-78
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Allonzo Trier's return makes Arizona a leading candidate for preseason No. 1