Towson defeats Delaware 75-74
TOWSON, Md. (AP)—Rocky Coleman scored 21 points and Towson defeated Delaware 75-74 on Wednesday night.
Delaware led 57-53 with 9 minutes left, but Towson (10-20, 5-12 Colonial Athletic Association) scored 10 unanswered points, including back-to-back 3-pointers by Coleman, to take a 63-57 lead with 7:30 to play.
The Blue Hens (12-18, 5-12) cut the deficit to 71-70 on a 3-pointer by Brian Johnson with 2:51 to go. Towson’s Junior Hairston responded with two baskets for a 75-70 advantage with 1:38 left, sealing the win.
Hairston added 13 points and nine rebounds and Calvin Lee chipped in with 13 points for the Tigers, who snapped a three game losing streak.
Marc Egerson paced the Blue Hens with 23 points and Johnson added 14.
The first meeting between the two teams also resulted in a one-point game. Towson won 62-61 on in Newark, Del. on Jan. 5.
- Towson defeats Delaware 75-74
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent