Simmons has 17 as Army beats Lafayette 79-55
EASTON, Pa. (AP)—Julian Simmons scored 17 points and Cleveland Richard had 15 to lead Army to a 79-55 victory over Lafayette on Wednesday.
Kenny Brewer added 11 points for Army (9-18, 5-8 Patriot League), which shot 54.7 percent (29-of-53) on the night.
Jared Mintz scored 12 points and Michael Gruner had 11 for Lafayette (8-20, 4-9), which managed only 31 percent for the night.
The Leopards were held scoreless for the first five minutes but hit three baskets within a one-minute span to take a 7-6 lead with 13:10 remaining in the period. But Jon Sizemore hit a jumper on the next possession to start Army on an 11-0 run. Army led 41-23 at the half and held a double-digit advantage thoughout the second half.
- Simmons has 17 as Army beats Lafayette 79-55
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat