Vermont beats Buffalo 78-70
BURLINGTON, Vt. (AP)—Mike Trimboli scored 24 points, including some key free throws in the final minute, and the Catamounts came from 13 points behind to beat Buffalo, 78-70, on Saturday.
Vermont trailed 19-6 before going on a 25-11 spurt to take its first lead, 31-30, and led 41-39 at the half. The Catamounts stretched it to 67-51 with 5:12 left before Buffalo scored seven straight points to cut the lead to 74-69 with 53 seconds left.
But Trimboli, who also finished with seven assists, hit four free throws to wrap up the victory.
Colin McIntosh added 18 points and Marqus Blakely 15 points and nine rebounds for Vermont (22-7) of America East.
Rodney Pierce had 21 points for Buffalo (17-8) of the Mid-American Conference, which lost its third straight.
Vermont shot 54 percent from the field while holding Buffalo to 39 percent.
- Vermont beats Buffalo 78-70
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Allonzo Trier's return makes Arizona a leading candidate for preseason No. 1