Brown scores 22 in Lamar win
BEAUMONT, Texas (AP)—Jay Brown scored 22 points and Ashton Hall had 15 points and nine rebounds for Lamar, which beat Northwestern State 89-67 on Saturday night.
Brandon McThay, who had three 3-pointers, finished with 12 points for Lamar (14-12, 5-7 Southland). Coy Custer and Anthony Miles scored 11 points apiece.
Keithan Hancock was the lone scorer in double digits for Northwestern State (10-17, 2-10) with 14.
The Cardinals scored the game’s first nine points and never trailed.
Lamar shot a season-best 56 percent and outrebounded Northwestern State 43-28.
- Brown scores 22 in Lamar win
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat