Cornell beats Brown 85-45
PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP)—Jeff Foote had 16 points and nine rebounds, while Ryan Wittman added 15 points as Cornell routed Brown, 85-45, on Saturday night.
Cornell’s victory combined with Columbia’s loss to Yale enabled the Big Red (18-8, 8-2 Ivy League) to increase their lead over the second-place Lions to two games.
Peter Sullivan led the Bears (7-17, 1-9 Ivy League), who’ve lost six straight to Cornell, with 12 points.
Cornell switched between zone and man-to-man defenses while holding Brown to a season-low 45 points.
The score was tied three times in the first 3:48, the last at 6-6, before Cornell went on a 9-0 run.
Cornell also scored the first 10 points of the second half to increase its lead to 54-27.
The Big Red, who’re 13-2 in their last 15 games, scored 40 points in the paint and 20 points off 18 Brown turnovers.
- Cornell beats Brown 85-45
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent