Lipscomb beats Mercer 88-67
MACON, Ga. (AP)—Adnan Hodzic had 20 points and four other Lipscomb players scored in double figures in an 88-67 victory over Mercer on Friday night, extending its winning streak to six games.
Josh Slater scored 15 points and grabbed 11 rebounds for the Bisons (13-13, 9-8 Atlantic Sun Conference), who have also won seven of their last nine contests. Brian Wright had 13 points and Michael Lusk and Jimmy Oden each added 11 points.
Lipscomb shot 56.9 percent from the field (29-for-51) compared to the Bears (16-12, 10-7), who hit 39.3 percent of their attempts (24-for-61) for the game.
James Florence led Mercer with 34 points and Michael Ellis scored 12 points. With the loss, the Bears had their longest winning streak of the season snapped at five games.
The Bisons, who went 10 of 18 from beyond the arc (55.6 percent), also outrebounded Mercer 40-28.
- Lipscomb beats Mercer 88-67
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- With Bennie Boatwright back, USC has all the ingredients for a special season
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU