Lamar beats Sam Houston St. 60-57
HUNTSVILLE, Texas (AP)—Miles Anthony and Ashton Hall combined for 26 points, including three free throws in the final 11 seconds, to lead Lamar to a 60-57 victory over Sam Houston State on Wednesday night.
Anthony made 1-of-2 free throws with 11 seconds remaining to give the Cardinals (13-11, 4-7 Southland) a 58-56 lead.
That gave the Bearkats (14-10, 8-3) a chance to tie the game with four seconds left when Corey Allmond was fouled. He hit one of his two free throws to cut Lamar’s lead to one. Hall then sank two free throws for the final margin.
Anthony scored 15 points for the Cardinals and Hall had 11.
Drae Murray led the Bearkats in scoring with 20 points off the bench while Barkley Falkner scored 10.
- Lamar beats Sam Houston St. 60-57
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- With Bennie Boatwright back, USC has all the ingredients for a special season
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU