Morgan State beats Howard 74-69
WASHINGTON (AP)—Reggie Holmes scored 21 points and Morgan State defeated Howard 74-69 on Wednesday night.
The Bears (17-10, 11-2 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference) shot 50 percent in the first half (16 of 32) for a 37-30 lead at the break.
Howard shot 60.7 percent in the second half (17 of 28), but Morgan State picked up two big performances despite being outscored 39-37.
Marquis Kately scored 12 of his 14 points in the second half and Holmes added 10 points in the frame for the Bears, who won their seventh in a row and ninth in their last 10 games.
Kyle Riley led the Bison (7-19, 5-7) with 18 points and five assists. Paul Kirkpatrick chipped in 14 points and Eugene Myatt and Curtis White added 12 each for Howard, which lost its third straight.
Jermaine Bolden added 10 points and seven assists for Morgan State.
- Morgan State beats Howard 74-69
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat