American trims Army 58-36
WEST POINT, N.Y. (AP)—Derrick Mercer had 17 points, Garrison Carr added 13, and American beat Army 58-36 on Wednesday night.
It was the seventh straight win for the Eagles (18-7, 10-1 Patriot League), who remained in first place in the conference. Army (8-17, 4-7) suffered its first home loss since mid-January, shooting a season-low 27.1 percent.
Josh Miller led the Black Knights with seven points, the fifth time this season they did not have a player in double digits.
One game after scoring a season-high 82 points in a triple-overtime win over
American never trailed as Carr hit a 3-pointer just over a minute into the game. The Eagles went on a 19-2 spurt before halftime, at one point holding Army scoreless for 9:13.
- American trims Army 58-36
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Allonzo Trier's return makes Arizona a leading candidate for preseason No. 1