Penn beats Yale 68-63
NEW HAVEN, Conn. (AP)—Harrison Gaines scored 19 points to lead Penn to a 68-63 victory over Yale on Saturday.
Tyler Bernardini added 13 points and two assists, while Zack Rosen added 12 points and two assists for the Quakers (7-13, 3-3 Ivy League), who completed a weekend sweep in league play.
Alex Zampier led Yale (9-13, 4-4) with 18 points and four assists, 14 points which came in the second half.
But Zampier couldn’t convert as Yale trailed 66-63 with 20 seconds to play. He couldn’t get off a contested three-point attempt and instead drove to basket before missing a layup with 8 seconds to play.
The rebound was batted to halfcourt and recovered by Bernardini, who was fouled and hit both free throws, to close out the scoring.
Travis Pinick added 15 points and eight rebounds for the Bulldogs, while Michael Sands had 10 points.
Penn led 33-25 at the half.
- Penn beats Yale 68-63
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat