Indiana St. 76, Missouri St. 71
SPRINGFIELD, Mo. (AP)—Harry Marshall scored 19 points, including four straight free throws in the final seconds, to lead Indiana State to a 76-71 win over Missouri State on Saturday.
Marshall led all scorers with 19 points as Indiana State (7-19, 5-10 Missouri Valley) watched Missouri State (10-16, 3-12) rally from a nine-point deficit with 7:28 left to take the lead 71-70 with 1:01 left on two Wade Knapp free throws.
Two free throws by Jay Tunnell with 42.9 seconds left gave the lead back to Indiana State 72-71. Marshall then hit his free throws in the final four seconds while Missouri State failed to score after Knapp’s free throws.
Indiana State hit 21 of 22 free throws.
Rashad Reed had 14 for Indiana State and Tunnell finished with 13. Jordan Printy added 10.
Kyle Weems led Missouri State with 17 and Knapp had 14. Chris Cooks added 12.
- Indiana St. 76, Missouri St. 71
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- With Bennie Boatwright back, USC has all the ingredients for a special season
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU