Stetson beats Kennesaw State 59-39
DELAND, Fla. (AP)—Garfield Blair scored 22 point and grabbed 11 rebounds to lead Stetson to a 59-39 win over Kennesaw State on Saturday night.
Sheldon Oliver added 11 points for the Hatters (13-12, 9-7 Atlantic Sun Conference), who won their third straight game.
John Allison, Spencer Dixon and Kurtis Woods led the Owls (7-17, 3-12) with eight points each. Kennesaw State have lost seven of their last eight contests.
Stetson took a 33-20 lead into halftime behind Blair’s 12 first-half points. The Hatters shot 60 percent from the field in the first half, including 5 of 10 from 3-point range. Kennesaw State completed the half shooting 26 percent.
A.J. Smith hit a 3-pointer to cap a 10-0 run for the Hatters with 13:26 remaining in the second half, stretching the lead to 21 points.
- Stetson beats Kennesaw State 59-39
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent