Pepperdine defeats San Diego 57-52
MALIBU, Calif. (AP)—Keion Bell scored 18 points and Ryan Holmes added 17 points as Pepperdine snapped a nine-game losing streak to San Diego with a 57-52 victory on Saturday.
The Waves, picked to finish last in the West Coast Conference, won their third straight game improving to 8-18 overall and 5-5 in league play. The team previously had nine
Rob Jones had 13 points and seven rebounds and Danny Brown scored 11 points for San Diego (13-13, 5-6), which has lost six of its last seven games.
The Toreros pulled as close as 54-52 when Rob Jones made a 3-pointer with 34 seconds remaining.
- Pepperdine defeats San Diego 57-52
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- With Bennie Boatwright back, USC has all the ingredients for a special season
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU