Navy beats Lafayette 90-67
ANNAPOLIS, Md. (AP)—Chris Harris scored 28 points to lead Navy to a 90-67 win over Lafayette on Saturday night.
Clif Colbert added 19 points and six rebounds for the Midshipmen (17-8, 6-4 Patriot League). Kaleo Kina contributed 18 points, eight rebounds and nine assists.
Navy used an 11-0 run in the first half to take a 31-18 lead with 10:08 remaining. The Midshipman led 50-35 at halftime.
A separate 11-0 run in the second half was capped by a Colbert layup with 14:56 remaining, giving Navy a 62-39 lead.
The Leopards (6-19, 2-8) were led by Michael Gruner, who scored 15. Ryan Willen added 14 points and 12 rebounds.
The Midshipmen shot 50 percent from the field (35-for-70), and totaled 22 assists. They also shot 45 percent from 3-point range (9-for-20), and outrebounded Lafayette 44-34.
- Navy beats Lafayette 90-67
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- With Bennie Boatwright back, USC has all the ingredients for a special season
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU