Santa Clara beats Loyola Marymount
LOS ANGELES (AP)—Kevin Foster scored 26 points and John Byrant added 25 points to lead Santa Clara to a 69-64 victory over Loyola Marymount University Saturday.
Foster made 8 of 16 shots and hit four critical free throws in the final 35 seconds of the game to seal the win for the Broncos (14-14, 6-5 West Coast Conference). Byrant, who made 7 of 11 shots and 11 of 13 free throws, also hauled down 16 rebounds and recorded his 21st double-double of the season - second most in the nation. Bryant leads the nation in total rebounds with 386.
Jarred Dubois made six 3-pointers in the second half and had a game-high 28 points for the Lions (2-24, 1-9). Vernon Teel scored 18 points, had eight assists, seven rebounds and four steals for LMU.
- Santa Clara beats Loyola Marymount
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- With Bennie Boatwright back, USC has all the ingredients for a special season
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU