Pepperdine rallies for 66-60 win over Santa Clara
MALIBU, Calif. (AP)—Jonathan Dupre had 16 points and six rebounds as Pepperdine rallied from a 15-point deficit to beat Santa Clara 66-60 Thursday.
The Waves (7-18, 4-5 West Coast Conference) scored the game’s first basket but didn’t lead again until Keion Bell’s two free throws with 1:56 left in the second half put Pepperdine ahead 60-58. Bell’s points capped a 19-10 run that began when Dupre made three long jumpers and two 3-pointers.
John Bryant had 25 points and 12 rebounds for Santa Clara (13-14, 5-5), which led 37-24 at halftime and extended the lead to 15 early in the second half.
- Pepperdine rallies for 66-60 win over Santa Clara
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat