Louisiana Tech tops Fresno State 55-42
RUSTON, La. (AP)—Kyle Gibson scored 28 points on 8-of-9 shooting and went 6-for-6 from 3-point range to lead Louisiana Tech past Fresno State 55-42 on Thursday night.
The Bulldogs (9-15, 3-8 Western Athletic Conference) shot 43.9 percent from the field (18 of 41) while Fresno State managed just 25.6 percent shooting (10 of 39).
Fresno State (10-14, 2-7) turned the ball over 17 times, leading to 14 Louisiana Tech points. Paul George committed six turnovers for Fresno State.
The Bulldogs outrebounded Fresno State 39-29 with Olu Ashaolu tallying nine.
Sylvester Seay was Fresno State’s only double-digit scorer with 11 points.
Fresno State was just 2 of 12 from 3-point range (16.7 percent), while Louisiana Tech hit 57.1 percent of its long range shots (4-for-14).
- Louisiana Tech tops Fresno State 55-42
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat