Kool, Gary lead WMU to 76-62 win over Ohio
KALAMAZOO, Mich. (AP)—David Kool shot 4-for-7 from 3-point range and scored 24 points to lead Western Michigan to a 76-62 win over Ohio on Wednesday night.
Shawntes Gary sank two consecutive jump shots to put the Broncos ahead to stay, 7-5, 4:16 into the game. Gary shot 5-for-6 from the field and finished with 14 points.
Western Michigan (8-15, 5-5 Mid-American) led 34-28 at halftime and outrebounded the Bobcats 28-20 for the game.
Tommy Freeman was 6-for-8 from the field—all 3-pointers—and 2-for-3 from the line, leading Ohio (12-11, 5-5) with 20 points. Jerome Tillman added 16 points and Justin Orr had 10.
- Kool, Gary lead WMU to 76-62 win over Ohio
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- With Bennie Boatwright back, USC has all the ingredients for a special season
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU