Utah downs San Diego State 67-55
SALT LAKE CITY (AP)—Shaun Green scored 21 points and grabbed 10 rebounds to lead Utah to a 67-55 victory over San Diego State on Wednesday night.
The win gave Utah sole possession of first place in the Mountain West Conference.
The Utes (17-7, 8-2 Mountain West) won their fifth straight game overall and eighth in a row at home, and beat the Aztecs (17-6, 7-3) for the 25th time in the last 26 meetings at home.
Kyle Spain scored 18 points to lead San Diego State, while Lorrenzo Wade added 15 after missing a game with the flu. But the Aztecs shot just 28 percent in the second half, and the Utes pulled away in the final 10 minutes to snap San Diego State’s four-game winning streak.
Luke Nevill added 12 points for the Utes, and Lawrence Borha had 11—all in the first half.
The Utes made 8-of-9 free throws in the final 2:30 to seal the victory.
- Utah downs San Diego State 67-55
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat