Drexel gets 62-58 win over Northeastern
BOSTON (AP)—Scott Rodgers scored 17 points, including 15 in the second half, to lead Drexel to a 62-58 come-from-behind win over Northeastern on Wednesday night.
The Dragons (13-10, 9-5 Colonial Athletic Association) went on two big second-half runs. After trailing 31-18 with 17:20 remaining, Drexel scored 15 straight over the next five minutes to take a two-point lead. With the game tied at 42 with just over four minutes left, the Dragons went on a 17-6 run to take a 59-48 lead and put the game away.
Northeastern (16-8, 11-3 CAA) made it close in the final seconds, but ran out of time. Baptiste Bataille led the Huskies with 19 points, while Matt Janning added 15.
Jamie Harris scored 12 for the Dragons, and Samme Givens had 10 points and seven rebounds.
- Drexel gets 62-58 win over Northeastern
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- With Bennie Boatwright back, USC has all the ingredients for a special season
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU