Auburn rallies past Arkansas 75-62
AUBURN, Ala. (AP)—Tay Waller and Lucas Hargrove scored 14 points apiece and Auburn overcame a 10-point second-half deficit, beating Arkansas 75-62 on Wednesday night.
The Tigers (15-9, 4-5 Southeastern Conference) outscored the Razorbacks 37-15 down the stretch and didn’t allow a field goal over the final 6:33.
Arkansas (13-9, 1-8), which has lost four straight games, has blown two straight double-digit leads in the second half. The Razorbacks had a 15-point halftime lead at Mississippi State before losing.
Arkansas reclaimed a 60-57 lead on Stefan Welsh’s back-to-back 3-pointers, but it was short-lived. The Tigers scored the next eight points, capped by DeWayne Reed’s 3-of-4 performance from the line during one possession after Razorbacks point guard Courtney Fortson fouled out with 4:23 left and was then called for a technical.
- Auburn rallies past Arkansas 75-62
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- With Bennie Boatwright back, USC has all the ingredients for a special season
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU