Lamar 55, Utah Valley St. 71
OREM, Utah (AP)—Utah Valley’s Ryan Toolson eclipsed the 2,000-point mark for his career as he scored 32 points to lead the Wolverines to a 71-55 win over Lamar on Monday night.
Teammate Jourdain Scoubes added 11 points and five rebounds to help ensure the Wolverine victory.
Utah Valley (12-9) led 37-29 at halftime and maintained its lead throughout the second half.
The Cardinals cut the lead to seven early in the second period, but would come no closer as the Wolverines coasted to the 16-point win.
Ashton Hall scored 11 points and Brandon McThay added nine for Lamar (12-11).
- Lamar 55, Utah Valley St. 71
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat